Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 15: Future Tense

FUTURE TENSE


Honestly, i’m both hopeful and worried about the future. Technologically, i’m sure we’ll reach new hights. By the time that would be my 80’s, my field of illustration will look pretty different. Work will be completely traditional, mostly because of technological advances but also because of soaring paper prices due to deforestation. Worldwide climate issues will spark movements to save the world’s environment, and we will just barely do so, but the earth will still feel the strain. Back to art though, creativity and artistic ability will still be one of the few things that can’t be automated, making designers as important as engineers in a highly commercial society. VR is the standard art form, but it will be VR unlike anything we have today. Augmented reality is standard in everyday life, which will replace smartphones.

Though I doubt i’ll make it that long, by the time i’m 70 my job will be probably taken over by a much younger and much more qualified designer. As an illustrator who focuses on advertisement and editorial work, my work will eventually become formulaic to young companies and possibly individualistic artistic touches from art will become more crucial to a population raised in plastic box’s who want to feel special. Those jobs will focus on the highest consumers, the younger 20-30 year olds, and all those jobs will be held be them. My advice to my younger self as a 70 year old, again if I make it that far, will be to focus on enjoying the work I do and be proud of it. To stay true and stay on popular trends, while making them my own and better than they were before.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15: Future Tense

FUTURE TENSE Honestly, i’m both hopeful and worried about the future. Technologically, i’m sure we’ll reach new hights. By the time that...